Thursday, May 21, 2009
FINAL SPEECH
In the beginning I would tremble and shake when I had to give a speech. I would draw a blank and my heart would beat faster than a hummingbirds. Towards the final speech I gained confidence in going up there. I would still have a bit of the shakes but sometimes I forgot about them. I began to look people in the eye. I acquired the skills of eye contact and voice projection. I realized that when I give a speech people can't attack me. There's no sense of danger for me to be worried or scared. I think what I gained from this class is very beneficial. I can apply it to a huge conference room or even a family gathering. When someone asks me to make a toast I can make it without turning into the exorcists. Blugh!! I felt the last speech could have gone a bit better. I was right after a really good speech on the same topic. Even I was put to shame because the first speech touched everyone's feelings. I presented it as more logical. During the speech I tried to keep my eye contact on everyone. I took the recommendations that I got from my listening worksheets. My major problem was that I didn't keep a constant volume. Sometimes I would trail off and slowly lose my focus. Thanks to the outline and everyone's recommendations I was able to deliver what I hope was a good final speech. The class taught me a lot and I was glad I had it in the mornings because what I learned in that class I would apply to my afternoon class presentations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment